With the amount of pre-owned clothing, shoes, and accessories we sort through on a daily basis, we have become quite the experts when it comes to cleaning and refreshing wardrobe pieces. Sometimes a simple trip to the dry cleaner or rinse cycle won’t do the trick, so these are 6 of our secret tools to conquer stains and wear.
1) Pantyhose: The weave of pantyhose removes residue from lotions and deodorants.
Use on Clothing.
3) Baby Wipes:Whether trying to remove a denim stain from a light-colored leather handbag or spruce up a dirty pair of shoes, baby wipes are a life saver. The gentle wipes help us tackle the biggest of problems.
Use on Shoes and Handbags.
3) Dryer Sheets: Have a clingy dress or a musky handbag? Rubbing a dryer sheet on the inside of a dress will help remove static. Or, store your handbag with a dryer sheet inside to remove any odors.
Use on Shoes, Clothing, Handbags.
4) Masking Tape: Cleaning the inside of a handbag? Roll a pice of masking tape and press inside hard to reach pockets and crevices to remove any dirt or crumbs.
Use on Handbags.
5) Lint Rollers: Lint rollers are a universal clothing cleaner. A quick swipe across the sole of shoes removes dirt and residue. On clothing, lint rollers remove pet hair and fuzz.
Use on Shoes and Clothing.
6) Nursery Air Freshener Pods: Arm & Hammer’s air freshener pods not only neutralize dirty diaper pails, but also make a great odor neutralizer for shoes. Slip a pod in each shoe or boot to keep your footwear smelling great.
Use on shoes.
Are there any household items you use to keep your wardrobe clean and fresh?