With the 66th Annual Oscars just a few days away, Media Run Digital created one of the coolest infographics around. The collection of sketches depicting the dresses worn by the Best Actress award recipient makes its fun to see how the styles and silhouettes have changed over the years.
Will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday? Who is your pick for best Actress? What was your favorite movie of 2013? My vote goes to The Wolf of Wallstreet.
Striped Satchel / Dotted Satchel
These little satchels are perfect for Spring. A fun print and a great price, the perfect way to spice up your wardrobe.
Which print would you choose?
Black and white has been on heavy rotation in my wardrobe as of lately. Now that Spring is on the horizon, I am looking forward to adding more pops of color.
Have a wonderful week!
Whether you are interviewing for your dream job, preparing for a big presentation, or searching for your special someone, what you wear can give you the boost you need for success. Simple tricks, like matching your underpinnings, wearing red lipstick, and making sure your wardrobe is freshly pressed can make all of the difference. Feeling good in what you wear reflects outwardly and can help you ace your next big event.
What are your tips for looking and feeling confident?
Shop My Favorite Confidence-Boosting Wardrobe Essentials:
Yesterday I went to the salon and decided it was time for a haircut. This time it wasn’t the typical trim-the-ends cut. This time I decided to chop off some serious inches. I wanted a blunt, modern cut that would be super easy to style and maintain. I am pretty excited with how it turned out!
On to the outfit…Pink + Red, Navy + Black, Gold + Silver are just a few of the atypical color combos I have been into lately. I rediscovered this H&M dress from a few years back. The color is cheerful and it’s absurdly comfortable, the perfect mix. The red from my favorite Kate Spade clutch added just the pop this dress needed. No crazy layering, no stacked up baubles, just a simple, classic look. It’s fun playing with unexpected color combinations. Have a lovely Friday!
What do you have planned for this weekend? What celebrity do you wish you could trade hair with?
PS: We’re cooking up a new instagram account for the shop…be one of the first to follow along @shopklury . You won’t want to miss out!
1) The Pastel Statement Necklace: A simple statement necklace is the perfect way to spice up a solid, cotton tee or bring your printed sheaths to the next level. This pale pink J.Crew necklace is on my shopping list.
2) The White Manicure: Say good-bye to french manicures. Solid white nails create a polished, clean look that goes with any outfit. I plan on keeping my nails painted with this polish for the next three months.
3) The Baseball Cap: Tossing on a feminine baseball cap is going to be the trend this Spring. A suede baseball cap (this one is a bargain!) mixed with some white skinny jeans, a chambray shirt and a structured oversized bag shows you can be both stylish and comfortable.
4) The Classic Silhouette: Classic, feminine dresses are going to be popular this season. This Oscar de la Renta dress is certainly splurge worthy, but you can find similar silhouettes all over at lower price points (like this Anthro dress).
5) The Bright Red Lipstick: The final touch of any outfit for Spring should be a bright, red lip. With muted pastel pallets, a bright lip is a sure way to make your outfit pop.
6) The Florals: Floral influences are a great way to add texture to a look. From a clutch covered in petals to a sweater with floral detailing on the sleeves, you won’t have to look far to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe.
7) The Pointed D’orsay: Make room in your shoe closet for a pair of Pointed D’orsay flats. Not only are they comfortable to walk-in, they give your legs an elongated look and come in tons of fun patterns and colors.
Who else is ready for Spring? Do you have a favorite shade of red lipstick?
Posted in Trending
Just stopping by to say Happy Wednesday!! I’ve been enjoying the warm weather this week. I’ve been trying to wear my Tres Chic sweater as much as possible, before it warms up for good here in Arizona.
Looking forward to styling some looks for Spring in the upcoming days. I hope the rest of your week is productive and full of fun!
PS: I need some fun new lipstick. What is your favorite color/brand?
Skirt (dress worn as a skirt): J.Crew | Blouse: Vintage | Shoes: Vera Wang | Bag: Zara | Bracelets: Charming Charlie’s
It’s January 15th, but I just now am beginning to feel like I am getting into the groove of 2014. A fun weekend in California for the Auburn game, lots of new arrivals for Klury, catching up from the holidays etc. etc. To be honest, it has been a miracle if I’ve changed out of my workout clothes the past two weeks.
Thankfully I had a meeting last night, which was the perfect excuse to pull out some polka dots and dress up. I used my favorite styling trick again, wearing a dress as a skirt (did it again here and here). A fun print, a little lipstick and some heels can make all of the difference!
I am feeling excited about the new year. 2014-let’s do this!
On an unrelated note, are you watching the Bachelor this season?
Typically colorful prints and monogram mania come to mind when I think of Coach, but boy was I blown away when I started looking at their new arrivals today. Neutrals, exotic materials, and classic shapes galore. My name was all over everything I saw (especially the striped tote)! There’s definitely a Reed Krakoff flair to quite of few of the new bags and color combinations. I’m into it.
Their men’s line is equally enticing with masculine leathers and structured pieces. Wishing I would have checked out their menswear section a few weeks ago when I was struggling for Christmas gift ideas. The leather luggage tags would have made a great stocking stuffer. I must remember to check their website more often!
Who is your favorite handbag designer? What do you think of Coach’s newest collection?
I am a good 3 months into my 26 before 26 list and still have quite a bit to accomplish, but I was able to check off a big one from the list this week! JD and I completed the full Goldmine Trail hike on Monday. The weather right now is beautiful, so we have been trying to spend as much time as possible outside. The hike was a bit challenging, which made it quite fun! Once we reached the peak, the views made the uphill hike worth it. Skyscrapers in Phoenix off in the distance and mountains surrounding.
You can see the rest of my 26 before 26 list here (still quite a bit to accomplish!).
Have you ever been hiking? Where do you go to see the best view of your city?